Medium to large format flyable cardioid subwoofer
Components 3 x 15”
SPLmax 139 dB
Weight 82 kg
The KSL-SUB is a cardioid subwoofer for the KSL System. It can be used to supplement KSL8 and KSL12 cabinets, either flown (KSL-SUB) or ground stacked (KSL-GSUB).
When the KSL-SUB Adapter frame is used, KSL-SUB cabinets can be flown in mixed arrays in connection with KSL-TOP cabinets. The KSL-SUB cabinet is an actively driven, 2-way bass-reflex design housing three long excursion neodymium 15“ drivers. Two drivers face to the front while one driver radiates to the rear of the cabinet. The front and rear facing drivers operate in independent bass reflex chambers and are driven from separate amplifier channels.
The cardioid dispersion pattern reduces unwanted energy behind the system, resulting in less excitation of the reverberant field to deliver highly accurate low frequency reproduction. The frequency response extends from 36 Hz to 105 Hz (33 Hz to 75 Hz in INFRA mode).
The KSL-SUB cabinet incorporates front and rear rigging strands while the KSL-GSUB has no rigging components and is intended for ground stack purposes. The cabinets are constructed from marine plywood and have an impact and weather protected PCP (Polyurea Cabinet Protection) finish. The front and rear of the cabinets are protected by rigid metal grills.
- Frequency response (-5 dB standard): 36 Hz - 105 Hz
- Frequency response (–5 dB INFRA mode): 33 Hz - 75 Hz
- Max. sound pressure (1) with D40/D80/40D): 139 dB
- Cabinets per D40/D80/40D: 2
- Nominal impedance front/rear: 4/8 ohms
- Power handling capacity front: (RMS/peak 10 ms)900/3500 W
- Power handling capacity rear: (RMS/peak 10 ms)500/2000 W
- Components: 3 x 15" driver
- Connections: 1 x NLT4 F
Dimensions / weight
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 450 x 1000 x 9002 / 1020 mm
- Weight: 82 kg
(1) 1 m, free field, SPL max peak, Broadband signal IEC 60268, one speaker driven
(2) dimensions without wheels